Please read through our most common questions and answers listed below:
If your question hasn’t been answered, please call our Customer Service team on 0330 088 5768 and speak to a member of our team – we are always happy to help.
Appliance Insurance FAQs
Give one of our friendly and knowledgeable customer support advisers a call on: 0330 088 5768. Make sure you have your policy number on hand and full details of the problem. Our customer service team will attempt to resolve the issue over the phone. If they can’t, they will arrange for an engineer
Our Kitchen Appliance Insurance covers you for faults, failures, and break downs to the following appliances:
- Washing machines
- Washer dryers
- Tumble dryers
- Blue Ray and DVD players & More,
Head to our quote page and see a full list of what’s covered and if there is any appliance you wish to cover that does not appear on the list please email us at email@example.com
We offer the following benefits with our policies:
- No restriction on the number of claims you can make each year
- All costs for repairs, parts and labour included. No hidden fees.
- Call out fees included
- Like for like or similar specification replacement if we cannot repair the appliance
- Technical assistance by our qualified engineers
- Quick repair times
- Policies can be cancelled at anytime
- We can normally get an engineer booked within 24 hours
Our Appliance Insurance has the following general exclusions:
- Cosmetic damage to the appliance that does not harm the working of the machine.
- Damage caused deliberately by the customer or anybody else.
- Damage caused by using the appliance in an unsafe way or against the manufacturer’s recommended guidance.
- Any pre-existing faults or damage present before the policy start date.
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of the appliance
For full exclusions please check the Terms and Conditions relating to your product, please check full Terms and Conditions under Policy Wording here.
With one of our Appliance Insurance policies you will be covered for the following situations:
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Electrical breakdowns
- Accidental Damage
We will arrange an engineer for you within 24 hours and appointments are usually within 24 hours (dependent on appointment availability). We will arrange for the engineer to contact you directly so a suitable appointment can be arranged, causing as little disruption to your daily routine as possible.
With our Appliance Insurance, there is no excess to pay on any repair charges. There is no excess to pay on any appliance insurance product you buy from us after 45 days – this is designed to help protect our customers. There is a low excess to pay for TV insurance products, boiler cover or home emergency products, the amount you pay varies depending on the TV you have insured with us. Please see your policy schedule and terms and conditions.
No. We never hide fees in our terms and conditions and all our policies cover the costs of repairs, parts, labour, as well as any call out fees for engineers up to the value of £500.
Yes, you can. If you do so within the first 21 days your full premium will be refunded to you. If you cancel after 21 days, you will receive a pro-rata payment for the number of days you have paid in advance. There are no contracts and our monthly options roll on month after month.
In the event that one of our qualified engineers cannot repair your appliance, we will arrange for a replacement with the same or similar specification to the one you currently have. In some cases where we cannot source a similar specification replacement, we will provide a voucher towards a new appliance.
Boiler and Home Emergency Insurance FAQ
With our Home Emergency Insurance, you are covered for any event that we consider to be a home emergency. An emergency situation is defined as:
“Something that happens suddenly and unexpectedly within your property that may expose you or any third party to a risk to health, or make the property insecure or unsafe, or potentially cause further damage to the property and its contents, or leave you without the use of a Mains service.”
Situations that fall into this definition include:
- A burst or sudden leaking pipe within your property.
- Failure to your hot water or central heating
- Failure or fault to your boiler
- Failure or fault with your warm air unit
- Damage or blockage to drains
- Failure to your Mains Power Supply.
- Failure or damage to your toilet or cistern (must be the only accessible toilet in the property)
- Removal of pest infestations including wasp nests, brown rats, and mice within your property
- Issues with security after vandalism or a break in, including broken windows and doors
- Roof tiles that are missing or have moved
- Damage or loss of your only key to the property
- Being unable to access your property due to a faulty or broken lock on your front door
- Issues with all types of boilers or the central heating system in your house if it has not been installed correctly and maintained as per the manufacturer’s instructions or any statutory regulations that apply to them o if the boiler is over 10 years old.
- Issues with your mains service where you do not have total loss of service.
- Dripping taps and hard water deposits
- Broken or inoperable toilets if you have another working and accessible one in your property
- Rodent and pest infestations that are not inside the property, for instance, if they are in gardens, outbuildings (sheds, garages, etc), or any other outside space around the property.
- Any blocked guttering or guttering that has become misaligned or broken away from the property
- Damage attributed to vandalism or a break-in if it hasn’t been reported to the police.
- Failure or damage to any service where the problem originates outside the boundary of the plot or land to which your home is situated on.
- Any Emergency situation or damage arising from faults, damage or infestation you were aware of at the time you bought the policy. All claims must be for new events, not historic ones.
- If you want to see the full list of exclusions, please see our full Terms and Conditions that can be found on our website.
- Household appliances like washing machines, fridge freezers and dishwashers (we have great appliance insurance to cover these devices).
In the event that your property is unsafe or in danger of becoming unsafe, we will arrange for a contractor to perfume any necessary action in order to stabilise the situation. Covered events include:
- Damage to windows or doors that may be a security risk.
- Severe water leaks that could damage your property.
- Issues with your Mains Power Supply of which you are legally responsible for and that could be harmful or dangerous.
Our Customer Service Advisers are on hand 10 am to 7 pm Mondays to Fridays and can be reached on 03300885768. For Claims, they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. They can be reached on 0345 307 4898.
In the event of an emergency, we aim to get an initial contractor out to you within 2 hours to assess and make safe the situation. If further work is required, they will provide you with details and any necessary time frames.
No. There are never any call-out fees with our Home Emergency Cover.
Depending on the policy you have chosen there may be a small excess that will need to be paid by the customer for claims to be carried out. Check the policies full Terms and Conditions and your policy schedule for full details.
You can make multiple claims each calendar year. However, these vary based on the policy you take out with us. Please refer to your policy schedule and terms and conditions for full details