Gas Boiler Cover
Approved Gas Engineers with Years of Experience. When the gas boiler in your home breaks it can become an annoying, trying, and incredibly stressful time for you and your family.
If your boiler breaks during the cold months, then you may find yourself living in an almost uninhabitable property with no hot water and no central heating. Finding someone to fix your boiler can be even more challenging and finding a reputable tradesman who can complete repair work quickly is, more often than not, almost impossible.
At Prominence Support, we think we have the solution. We offer comprehensive and great value gas boiler cover insurance that will blow you away. Our team of expert customer service representatives are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to make sure you are not left out in the cold when it comes to boiler issues.
Do I need gas boiler insurance?
Research shows that around half of all households will have to have their boiler repaired or replaced at some point in time. With costs for a new boiler running into the thousands, having good quality insurance could save you a fortune in the long run.
But it’s not always about cost. Maybe you value the peace of mind knowing that you won’t be left without hot water or central heating for days on end. Having a Prominence Gas Boiler policy will help protect your home from the inconvenience of boiler problems.
Why do gas boilers break down?
There are many different faults that can occur with a gas boiler that may require an engineer. Here are just a few:
- Frozen external pipes. In cold weather, the plastic condensate pipe that transports water away from the boiler can freeze. This can, in turn, stop the boiler from working. This may be compounded by inactivity during the warmer months, or the boiler straining as it moves between temperature extremes if it is switched on and off at colder times of the year.
- Faulty diverter valve. Combi boilers have a diverter valve that opens and closes depending on whether you want hot water or central heating. This can become clogged with a sludge-like mixture leading to either hot water and no central heating, or central heating and no hot water.
- Damage to the pump or pump seal. Many boiler problems can occur in the boiler pump, which can become blocked, begin to leak, or just plain fail to work. Pumps last about 15 years but can wear faster if over-used and may need to be replaced.
- Low water pressure. Low water pressure can be a sign that there is a leak somewhere in the system and may require a full system check-up by a qualified engineer.
- Thermocouple malfunction. If the pilot light on your older gas boiler keeps going out, this could be a sign that the thermocouple (gas valve safety device) has developed a fault. The thermocouple purpose is to turn the gas supply off when it doesn’t detect a flame in the pilot light to prevent safety issues. If this becomes faulty, your boiler may turn the pilot light off unnecessarily.
What exactly is Prominence Support Gas Boiler Insurance?
Prominence Support Gas Boiler Insurance gives you the peace of mind that if your gas boiler breaks down, it will be fixed quickly and with little fuss. As an insurance company, we offer only FCA regulated policies, giving you the confidence that we will be there for you when you need us. We take great pride in the high standards we set, and our insurance products offer unbeatable value without sacrificing cover.
Our Gas Boiler Insurance policy is no exception. We have a knowledgeable and friendly customer service team on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that you get the support you need when you need it. If necessary, they can get you in touch with one of our qualified engineers who, in most cases, will be out to you within 24 hours.
No more ringing around different tradesmen frantically searching for someone who can fix your problem quickly. No more worries about whether the person you finally got to look at the problem is actually any good at their job. We take the pain out of gas boiler issues and one call is all it takes to get your problem resolved.
What does a Prominence Support Gas Boiler Insurance policy cover?
With a Prominence Support Gas Boiler Insurance policy, you are covered in case of any boiler emergency, including:
- Optional yearly boiler service
- Repairs and replacement of parts to your boiler, including boiler breakdown cover
What isn’t covered by a Prominence Support Gas Boiler Policy?
- Gas leaks from any pipes or appliances
- Boiler which is over 10 years old and has an output more than 60kw per hour capacity
Other benefits of a Prominence Support Gas Boiler policy?
Prominence Support Gas Boiler Insurance comes with a few additional features aimed at making your life easier, including:
- Unlimited call outs.
- Engineer appointments usually within 24 hours.
- Trusted network of qualified engineers.
- Repairs, parts and labour included. No hidden fees.
Do I need gas boiler insurance if I have house insurance?
House insurance generally protects your home in the event of structural damage to the property or damage to personal belongings by fire, water, and theft. It rarely covers damage or faults to your boiler.
A Prominence gas boiler insurance policy gives you the peace of mind that even if your home insurance lets you down, Prominence will be there for you.
How much does Prominence Gas Boiler insurance cost?
The short answer is, not as much as you think. We take great pride in the value we give to our customers and we are always competitive on price without sacrificing cover. For a simple and small monthly fee, you can gain peace of mind that your gas boiler is covered for any eventuality.
Give one of our friendly advisers a call today and see how easy and cost-effective it is to get great gas boiler insurance.
Appliances We Cover
Guides & Information
What We Cover
- Premium Boiler & Home Emergency
- Standard Boiler & Home Emergency
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Dish Washer
- Kitchen Top Oven
- Washer Dryer
- Electric Hobs
- Toaster Oven
- Cooker Oven
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Pressure Cooker
- Dryer (Cloth)
- DVD/Audio player
- Electric Cooker
- Dual Fuel Cooker
- Chest Freezer
- Halogen Oven
- Steam Oven
- Extractor Fan
- Gas Hob
- Double Oven
- Cooker Hood
- Coffee Machine