We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of prominencesupport.co.uk
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal information collected through this Website. This policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
What personal information do we collect?
We do not collect any personal information about you on our Website unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to purchase a policy with us, there is certain personal information that we will require from you in order to process your policy. We define “personal information” as information that is unique to you and might include your name, delivery address, credit/debit card number and expiration date, billing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We may also collect the following data about you to help us improve our service to you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
– Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access on our Website.
IP addresses and cookies
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers, which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session. It is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
How the contract is formed between You and Us
– After purchasing your policy, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that We have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us, and We will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the policy has been set up.
– We will not process your order until payment has been received in full.
– If you make a mistake with your order, you may be able to correct any mistakes made by email prior to your policy being processed.
– We are entitled to refuse any order made by you for any reason.
– When making a request you undertake that all details you provide to us requesting goods or services are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the bank details, credit or debit card used to make your request and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods and services. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details as soon as possible.
Price and Payment
– The price payable for the Products shall be as shown on the Website. Prices advertised on the Website include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).
– Payment shall be made by you by the means specified on the Website and shall not be deemed to be made until We have received cleared funds in respect of the full amount stated in the order. Policies can only start when we receive payment.
– Prices are subject to change without notice but changes will not affect orders which We have already accepted.
– Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card or direct debit. We accept payment with Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Solo, Maestro and Electron. We also accept payments via Paypal.
– Insurance Premium Payments
Payment for an insurance booking is made via credit or debit card. You can choose to pay monthly or annually. Some of the products we arrange only have annual as the option of payment. All prices are quoted in pounds Sterling including IPT (Insurance Premium Tax).
Card Subscriptions – Continuous Payment Authority
By providing payment details you are establishing a continuous payment authority. Authorizing Prominence Support Limited to charge the associated payment card for an initial payment and all subsequent charges in respect of your insurance policy. This authority will remain in force until such time as you cancel it with Prominence Support Limited.
Access to information:
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at email@example.com
We may charge you an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where we store your personal information
We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information. With respect to your personal information that we do store, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your name and address. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
Uses made of your personal information
Aside from fulfilling your policy on our Website, we may use information held about you to:
– set up, manage your account and contact you about your account;
– ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
– carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and,
– notify you about changes to our service.
Marketing and Communications
You will have the opportunity to subscribe to certain areas of the Website. For instance, you may wish to receive our newsletter or other marketing information (by E-Mail or Direct Mail) or enter competitions and fill out blog entries. In these circumstances, we will ask for additional information, such as your age, occupation, etc. We will also treat this information as “personal information,” as described in this policy. This will help us to target our marketing in a way we feel would be of specific interest to you.
By purchasing a policy, fully or partially entering your contact details in the forms on our website you consent to be contacted by Prominence Support and our connected companies. We always treat your data with care and never pass your details to third parties outside of your Insurance needs. Treating our customers fairly also means communicating with you at regular intervals about our/your product/s and policy/s. This is because customers needs and the suitability of products for that need is constantly changing. Maybe you’ve sold your appliance, so no longer need the policy, or maybe you want to add extra items to your policy to ensure they are covered including our other insurance products that may be suitable for you. If you’d like to withdraw your consent to being contacted please email info@ prominencesupport.co.uk
While we make every effort to ensure that the materials on our blogs are accurate and complete, we provide them for information only, so they are indicative rather than definitive. We, therefore, make no explicit or implicit guarantee of their accuracy, and, as far as applicable laws allow, we neither accept responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions, nor for loss that may result directly or indirectly from reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website.
Commentary and other materials posted on our blog are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Users of the Website should not take or omit to take any action that relies on information on our Website.
We take insurance fraud seriously as they are not covered under the terms of our policy and are clearly stated on the exclusions of your policy.
Where our investigations provide evidence of fraud or a serious non-disclosure, we may cancel the policy immediately and backdate the cancellation to the date of the fraud or the date when you provided us with incomplete or inaccurate information, which may result in your policy being cancelled from the date you originally took it out.
If we cancel the policy and/or any additional covers you will receive a refund of any premiums you have paid for the cancelled cover, less a proportionate deduction for the time we have provided cover and any costs we have incurred unless the reason for cancellation is fraud and/or we are entitled to keep the premium under the Consumer Insurances (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012.
We monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis using cookies and code, which is embedded, in the Website. This provides statistical information about visits to pages on the Website, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the Website, data on visitors screen settings and other general information. We use this information to help improve the Website and services to its users.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home or other Pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not operated by you.